Caffélatex is a truly innovative tyre sealant, successfully used for road and off-road cycling, in tubeless, tubular and inner-tube applications.
Doesn’t contain ammonia or other aggressive chemicals
best durability and puncture repairing ability mix
turns into foam when agitated, spreads easily and without unbalancing the wheel
used successfully in cyclocross, road and mountain bike at all levels, from leisure riding to professional racing
one formula only: professional racers use what anyone can buy
– How it works:
Thanks to the addition of microscopic silicate particles, Caffélatex moves slowly through holes, allowing the sealing ingredient more time to heal the puncture. These particles are not macroscopic (e.g., glitter 150-300 microns) but are instead microscopic, less than 2 microns in diameter. Thus, Caffélatex flow characteristics change on a microscopic level without the headaches of valve-clogging glitter.
Puncture repair speed is especially noticeable with lightweight or thin-casing tires.
Foaming action activated by wheel movement:
The first advantage of Caffélatex over classic latex-based sealants comes from a foaming behaviour, activated by wheel movement. Centrifugal force drives standard latex-based sealants against the outer circumference of the tyre. Caffélatex turns instead into foam, filling the tyre’s entire internal cavity, making our sealant much more effective against sidewall punctures. Caffélatex go back to liquid state after around 15 minutes of stillness.
its fast sealing action makes it ideal for mtb and road tubeless, tubular and standard tyres. Caffélatex repairs punctures up to 5 mm (mtb tubeless) and 3 mm (road tubeless).
STABLE OVER TIME
Thanks to its formula, Caffélatex is a very stable and durable sealant, although its lifespan is also dependant on kind of application and external conditions.
Using the recommended quantities for tyre size, the expected sealant lifespan is:
Tubular (or inserted into latex/butyl inner tube): 1-2 years
UST Tubeless tyre: 4-6 months
Tubeless-ready tyre: 2-4 months
Tube-type tyre: 2-3 months
Nevertheless, in the impossibility of knowing our customers’ specific application (kind of wheel/tyre set-up, tyre sidewall thickness and porosities, external temperature and humidity, bicycle storage conditions…), we recommend checking Caffélatex every 2 months, to make sure it’s liquid and therefore retains its ‘puncture preventive’ action.
When dry, Caffélatex-sealed wheels are still air-tight, but Caffélatex won’t actively repair punctures.
being completely ammonia-free, it’s 100% tyre and rim friendly and also the favourite sealant for cyclocross/tubular applications, creating no harm to the sensitive latex innertubes.
– Proizvajalec: Effetto Mariposa
– Kompatibilnost z obroči: tubeless ali navadni (s predhodno predelavo s tubeless kit-om)
– Kompatibilnost s plašči: tubeless, tubular, navadni (s predhodno predelavo s tubeless kit-om)
– Delovanje: v trenutku zaflika luknjico s premerom ~ 5 mm
– Pakiranje: 250 ml mleka (dovolj za 3-4 plašče – odvisno od širine plašča), tubeless trak (za obroče od 30 mm do 34 mm notranja širine), dva (2) tubeless ventila (montaža na obroč z luknjo za avto ventil (8.5 mm) in francoski ventil (6.5 mm), odstranljiv core – orodje je priloženo), dva (2) aluminijasta pokrovčka za ventil v rdeči barvi, bidon za orodje Effetto Mariposa Portatutto
– Ekološko prijazno okolju in nelepljivo